We’re excited about another year of Open Sound Collective monthly events, with new talks and demos to inspire and bring people together! We would also like to see OSC grow in 2017, reaching a wider audience and getting more value out of each event.
However, to make OSC better, WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We are looking for people who can commit to playing a role in the promotion and organisation of each event. So if you think that you could commit to taking on any of the tasks below, please drop Matt Garland an email at email@example.com.
Event promotion ( all this stuff needs to happen in the weeks preceding each event )
- Writing event descriptions
- Creating Facebook events
- Creating Meetup events
- Submitting event descriptions to listings magazines
- Adding event descriptions to OSC website
- Sending event details to our mailing list
- Creating graphics for events
Reaching out to students
- We’d love to do a better job of reaching out to the many music students at Brighton University, Sussex University, BIMM and Northbrook. Someone could take on the job of making contact with teachers and students to notify them about our events.
- Writing posts on Facebook
- Writing blog posts on Facebook / OSC website
- Putting up posters
- Handing out flyers
- Spreading the word
On the night:
- Setting up the venue ( equipment, tables & chairs, posters, flyers etc )
- Comparing ( introducing speakers, explaining OSC, updates on other events )
- Signing people up to mailing list
- Tidying up equipment at the end of the night
- Taking photos
Online promotion after the event:
- Posting photos to Facebook, Meetup and OSC website
- Adding YouTube videos to Facebook and OSC website
- Adding blog posts to OSC website
- We would like to record all OSC events and upload them to our YouTube channel. There is already a video camera set up in The Verdict, so at the very least we can use that, and someone would simply need to edit the videos and upload them. But if anyone wants to come and record using a better camera, then we would be delighted!
- Plus, of course, we are always looking for interesting talks and demos, so if you would like to present, or know anyone that you think would be suitable, let us know!
If you think you could commit to helping out with any of the bullet points above, or if you would like to get involved in organising Open Sound Collective in any other way, please drop Matt Garland an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
And lastly, a huge THANK YOU to anyone who was attended or participated in any of our OSC events, we were so thrilled by our 2016 events that we are inspired to do even better this year!